This 3 hour session (half-day or evening course) will provide an overview of Data Protection legislation, enforcement and exemptions. You will be given a background to Irish Data Protection legislation and recent amendments and an outline of European Communication Regulations. You will learn how your business can comply with the Acts by collecting, storing and using data correctly and according to legislation.
Want to learn more? This module can be taken on its own or as part of our QQI Accredited Digital Marketing Course (Digital Marketing Bootcamp or Digital Marketing Evening Course).
- What is Irish Data Protection legislation and a breakdown of associated terminology; automated data, manual data, relevant filing system, personal data, sensitive personal data & processing, Data Subject, Data Controller, Data Processor
- The Data Protection rules – what are they?
- How should you obtain data, how can you gain consent and lawfully use data, how should you be storing data (competent cyber-security measures and keeping data safe and secure) how do you ensure data accuracy, what are the guidelines around data retention and destruction, what are the Data Subject’s rights to access their own data
- The importance of complying with the Acts and the penalties for non-compliance
- What is the role of The Data Protection Commissioner
- What is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and how will it affect your business when it comes into force across the European Union on 25 May 2018
Friday 15th December, 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Tuesday 20th March, 6.00pm - 9.00pm