Accredited by and delivered in partnership with Ulster University, the MSc in Executive Leadership combines a personal and professional journey to excellence in leading people and organisations, providing access to networks of local, national and global academics and executive thought leaders.
Irish Times Training has been delivering this programme together with Ulster University for over 10 years and it boasts alumni from a range of prestigious organisations including Deutsche Bank, PM Group, State Street, and AIB.
Delivered in 3-day block-release workshops & with online learning support over two years, the programme empowers leaders and offers the opportunity to reflect on your career while building on your skills. The programme is structured around eight taught modules each lasting three days and one five day study visit to the Global Leadership Institute, Boston College, USA.
The first year of the qualification constitutes a Postgraduate Certificate in Executive Leadership on successful completion.
- Creating the Future: Auditing and assessing organisational competence. Change leadership. Assessing the current environment, forecasting and scenario planning.
- Leading for the Future: Exploring IQ and EQ components of leadership. Assessing individual leadership capabilities. Understanding contemporary issues associated with leading high performance organisations.
- Best Practice Study Visit to the Global Leadership Institute, Boston College, USA: Enhance learning on leadership theory and practice through meeting international thought leaders. Practical insight into organisations who have achieved business excellence.
- Leading Change, Innovation & Transformation: Taking a strategic approach to innovation and transformational change. Organisational development and leading mergers and acquisitions and collaborative partnerships.
- Executive Coaching & Mentoring: Understanding the context of coaching. Mentoring in strategic business and useful theories and models. Personal development as a coach or mentor.
- Corporate Governance & Business Ethics: Roles and responsibilities of a board and the executive. Legal structures and Value-based principals. Ethical approaches.
- Strategic Financial Management: Implementing performance measurement frameworks and equipping non-financial leaders to contribute at a strategic level.
- Leading in a Digital Age: Strategic values of emerging technologies. Understanding the impact of technological shifts on leadership. Taking a strategic leadership approach to Knowledge Management.
- Research Study Project: Defining the business improvement research agenda. Evaluating research methodologies and problem solving techniques. Literature review & research study.
The MSc in Executive Leadership is delivered via eight three-day block release modules each followed by a half-day off-site Action Learning Set. In addition, there is a five-day study visit to the Global Leadership Institute, Boston College, USA (included in programme cost).
The programme is delivered using a mix of classroom teaching with leading industry guest speakers, company visits, action learning, class interaction and participation and case study analysis. Contextualised learning is supported by a range of e-books and online materials accessed from the University’s library.
What have previous participants gained from the MSc in Executive Leadership?
- The opportunity to challenge their thinking on leadership, business development, innovation, governance and business ethics and enhance strategic leadership in their organisations
- The competence to shape their own leadership journey, to raise their profile and develop their personal brand
- The opportunity to explore new insights on contemporary challenges with Business Institute Faculty and accomplished thought leaders from a range of sectors
- An understanding of the application of leading edge business thinking and practices through case study learning and site visits to leading companies across Ireland and the US
- Through action learning and applied work assignments to reflect on and contextualise the learning to promote innovation and competitive advantage in their organisations
- The opportunity to build extensive learning networks with academics, practitioners and alumni across various sectors Ireland and the US.
To download a programme brochure, click here or contact Programme Co-ordinator Imelda Rey for more information, [email protected] or (01) 472 7101.