The aim of this course is to increase your levels of assertive behaviour, enabling you to be a better communicator and increasing your confidence.
Throughout the programme, you will have the opportunity to assess your own communication and assertiveness skills and develop an action plan for performance improvement. You will learn how to handle difficult situations more effectively using to a range of personal effectiveness theories and models.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anybody who wants to improve their communication skills and apply assertiveness in a professional environment.
- Examine your own personal communication style and how assertive you are
- Gain a heightened self-awareness of your style and how to incorporate helpful assertive habits and styles
- Examine the effectiveness of different communication styles and when and where to use them
- Identify difficult situations and when assertiveness is appropriate
- Recognise different behaviours and considering different behavioural options
- Consider verbal and non-verbal behaviour
- Consider the choices we make when dealing with different situations
- Increased confidence in the ability to make decisions
- Developed techniques to enhance communications and effectiveness
- The ability to use both verbal and non-verbal behaviours to assert yourself and positively influence others