This course is designed to remove the hassle & uncertainty factors from the minute taking process by applying simple & effective principles to the process to maintain accurate, succinct, objective and business-like records.
Through expert tuition & practical exercises you will learn how to record minutes with greater efficiency as well as how to structure, draft & edit your minutes.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is responsible for recording minutes and/or preparing meeting agendas and who wants to be more effective in their role.
- Understanding Your Role: Before, During & After
- Drafting and Agreeing Agenda Items and Order of Business
- Issuing the Meeting Notice
- Assessing Meeting Requirements, Asserting Your Role and Managing Expectations
- Listening Skills for the Meeting Environment
- Getting Clarification from the Chair
- Selecting Relevant Information & Constructing Key Points
- Taking & Structuring Effective Meeting Notes
- From Meeting Notes to Draft Minutes
- Structuring, Drafting, Editing & Distributing Your Minutes
Where possible, participants should bring a sample of minutes they have produced or of the type of minutes they will be expected to produce.
- Prepare and agree agendas with greater purpose
- Clarify the minute taking requirements of each meeting
- Navigate the minute taking process more confidently
- Develop the full potential of your role