Securing negotiated agreements is fundamental to success in the business world. You will learn about the negotiation process; how to develop a negotiation strategy, bargain for agreement, close the deal and strengthen your ability to secure negotiated agreements that last.
To download a programme brochure, click here.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for people at all levels who need to secure negotiated agreement as part of their work role, for example;
- Negotiating roles and workload within a project team
- Negotiating an internal project deadline
- Troubleshooting interpersonal conflicts
- Negotiating with third-parties
Prior to course commencement, participants will be asked to identify some negotiating opportunities in their work environment and keep these at front of mind while undertaking the course.
Defining the negotiation process
- Establishing how a negotiated settlement can be achieved
- The skills and attributes of the Effective Negotiator
- Entering the process with confidence
Creating a successful negotiation strategy
- Using the essential steps to structure your approach
- Building a failsafe planning model
- Identifying the settlement range and creating fallback options
Presenting a compelling case
- Creating the environment that is conducive to agreement
- Avoiding the mistakes that surrender your advantage
- Making concessions but staying in control
Dealing with conflict
- Confronting aggression and manipulation
- Dealing with deadlock
- Closing and confirming
- Provides powerful solutions to secure agreement and achieve a WIN-WIN result in every negotiating situation
- Provides a clear understanding of effective negotiation skills and techniques.
- Enhances confidence to conduct successful negotiations and to develop negotiating style flexibility
- Puts in place an action plan for enhanced skill development.